Thank you for your contribution to the draft Energy Strategy consultation which closed earlier in the year.
Today we have published those consultation responses alongside the analysis report and reports of the other four consultations undertaken earlier in the year – namely:
- A Draft Scottish Energy Strategy: The future of energy in Scotland;
- Onshore Wind Policy Statement;
- Scotland’s Energy Efficiency Programme;
- Local Heat and Energy Efficiency Strategies (LHEES) and Regulation of District Heating; and
- Energy efficiency and condition standards in private rented housing: A Scotland’s Energy Efficiency Programme Consultation.
We have also published a further consultation on Local Heat & Energy Efficiency Strategies and Regulation of District Heating. This consultation has been informed by the one that closed earlier this year and contains more detailed proposals.
As was announced by the First Minister in this year’s Programme for Government, the final Energy Strategy will be published by the end of this year. Taking account of the consultation feedback it will set out a vision for Scotland’s energy future to 2050. We will also publish our final Onshore Wind Policy Statement by the end of 2017.